As part of its oversight mandate, the Portfolio Committee on Infrastructure Development led by Chairperson Hon. Lindi Lasindwa visited two construction sites in Ekurhuleni today to monitor the progress of the two projects.
The two sites visited are part of the Thelle Mogoerane Regional Hospital. The Thelle Mogoerane Regional Hospital is the old Natalspruit Hospital situated in Vosloorus. Over 400 patients were relocated from the old hospital to the new state of the art facility.
The hospital offers the following:
- General Surgery (Adult & Pediatric) Specialized Surgery
- Medical (Adult & Pediatric)
- Gynecology, Obstetrics, Kangaroo & secondary trimester TOP
- Operating Theatre Unit
- Burns Unit
- Spinal Unit
- Rehabilitation Unit
- ICU & High care
- TB and Stepdown
- Administration services
- Waste control
- Laundry / lines services
- Out patients department and gateway clinic
- Emergency Medicine Department.