On Monday, 18 February 2019, the Speaker of the Gauteng Provincial Legislature (GPL), Honourable Ntombi Mekgwe will preside over the Official Opening of the Legislature, where in terms of Rule 14 of the Standing Orders, the Honorable Premier David Makhura will deliver the State of the Province Address (SOPA).
The Premier’s address will be the last address for the current administration and will give a detail account for the achievements and challenges the Provincial Government has recorded in the past five years term and it will highlight the Gauteng Government’s programme of action and service delivery priorities for the year 2019.
The 2019 Official Opening of the Legislature and SOPA will take place on:
Date: 18 February 2019
Venue: Alberton Civic Centre, Ekurhuleni
To obtain the required accreditation for the day’s proceedings, all working members of the media are reminded to complete the attached screening template with their full details by close of business on Friday 8 February 2019 to Gauteng Legislature Media (G2@gpl.gov.za)
For your convenience, kindly pay particular attention to the following arrangements, which will apply on the day of Official Opening:
- Kindly note that you will be required to obtain an accreditation tag at the GPL from 13th – 17th February 2019 (9h00 to 16h00)
- Access to the event will be strictly on the basis of accreditation and limited to working media on the day due to limited space inside and outside the venue.
- Please ensure that your details are forwarded to Gauteng Legislature Media (G2@gpl.gov.za). This is the only email address that will be used for accreditation information.
- An ID or Passport will be required for the issuing of accreditation;
Accreditation cards will include a picture. It is therefore vital that you personally collect your own accreditation as you will be required to take a picture.
- All media will be required to be at the venue by 09:50. Ushers will be on hand
to assist with sitting arrangement.
- There will be no lunch provided for media or guests