Led by Chairperson Diale, Gauteng Provincial Legislature’s CoGTA & Human Settlements Portfolio Committee will meet Traditional Leaders, Department of CoGTA, Department of Human Settlements and the City of Tshwane on Tuesday, 5 April 2022, and Wednesday, 6 April 2022.
Tuesday, 5 April 2022
The Departments of CoGTA and Human Settlements and the City of Tshwane to make presentations on the following:
- Human Settlement Development Grant expenditure report on Human Settlement by the City of Tshwane from the 2019/20 FY till 2020/21.
- The Relationship between the City of Tshwane with the Gauteng department of Human Settlement including a report on corruption cases if there any within the City of Tshwane pertaining to Human Settlement.
- Progress made by the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality in terms of the back-to-basics (B2B) tracking tool between 2016 and 2021”.
This meeting was originally scheduled to take place on Friday, 4 March 2022.
Wednesday, 6 April 2022
The following issues of concern were raised by Amandebele Ba Lebelo. The Department of CoGTA, City of Tshwane and the Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development will be providing clarity to the Portfolio Committee on the proprietorship of the Land occupied by the Traditional Leadership of Amandebele Ba Lebelo in Hammanskraal.
Furthermore, the Portfolio Committee will have a follow up meeting with the Department of CoGTA, City of Tshwane and Traditional Council of Amandebele Ba Lebelo to discuss the outstanding matters as agreed in the Committee meeting that was convened at Kievits Kroon on Monday, 7 February 2022:
- The Department of CoGTA addressing the dispute of the Herdsmen and leadership in the Traditional Council
- The Department of CoGTA and City of Tshwane addressing the Development in Hammanskraal
- The need for continuous workshops with the Councillors to be empowered with leadership abilities