VACANCY: AUDIT COMMITTEE MEMBER x 1
REMUNERATION: IN ACCORDANCE WITH TREASURY REGULATIONS
ORGANISATION: GAUTENG PROVINCIAL LEGISLATURE
CLOSING DATE: 25 JULY 2021
In Accordance with Section 47 of the Financial Management of Parliament and Provincial Legislature Act, 10 of 2009, the Gauteng Provincial Legislature seeks to appoint a suitably qualified professional to serve as a Member of the Audit Committee for a period of 3 years Applications are hereby invited from qualified persons to submit their CV’s and motivations for the appointment in the Audit Committee of the Gauteng Provincial Legislature.
A relevant degree and postgraduate qualification in Accounting/Auditing/IT / Legal (Strong expertise in corporate governance, accounting/financial management, risk and compliance management, Auditing, Performance Management and ICT. Exposure of 5 years serving as an Audit Committee Member in either the private and public sector environment. Knowledge and understanding of internal controls, major accounting and public sector reporting processes. Knowledge of public sector legislation and policies (FAMPLA, GRAP, GAAP, Treasury Regulations and National Treasury practice notes). Knowledge and understanding of the roles of the internal and external audit, performance planning and management including Human Resource Management. Knowledge and experience in IT Governance.
The Member of the Audit Committee should meet the following competencies:
- Strategic communicator (verbal and written) and excellent listening skills.
- Integrity, independency, advisory and good judgement.
- Intellectual curiosity and professional scepticism.
- Excellent relationship builder and balanced ethical approach to issues.
- Must have the necessary leadership qualities, commitment and passion in the field of corporate governance, auditing and risk management, performance management, human resources and IT.
- Must be willing to dedicate effort, time and energy to analyse and interpret reports for effective oversight.
(NB: Preference will be given to applicants who have experience in serving on Audit Committees)
The Audit and Risk Committee will:
- Assist the Legislature by fulfilling its oversight responsibilities regarding financial internal controls, risk management and governance.
- Ensure compliance with applicable legislations.
- Assist the Board and Accounting Officer in the effective execution of the Institutional Strategic Planning Goals
- Regulate and discharge responsibilities as contained in the Audit Committee Charter and
- Provide oversight on the work of Internal Audit in line with the Internal Audit Charter.
Contact Ms. Shambala Ntanjana at 011 498 5555 / 072 624 0199
Email Applications to Amdolo@gpl.gov.za