As a way of continuously engaging and interacting with various relevant stakeholders, the Education Portfolio Committee will host a Stakeholder Engagement Session with relevant stakeholders in line with the Committee’s mandate to facilitate public participation in its legislative processes.
The aim of the session is to interact with key stakeholders in order to enhance the relationship between the Committee and its primary stakeholders. The Committee intends to devise ways in which to work closer with stakeholders when executing its oversight mandate in order to ensure the provision of quality Education in the Province.
Details of the meeting:
Date: Saturday, 26 March 2022
Venue: Thaba Eco Hotel, Klipriviersberg Nature Reserve (46 Impala Rd, Johannesburg)
The purpose of the meeting:
The Session will discuss and receive presentation from the Gauteng Department of Education on the following:
• The provision of quality education in the Gauteng Province.
• Youth Development Programmes and other GEYODI related matters within the sector.
• Progress report on matters related to COVID-19.
• Provision of Information Technology (ICT) in schools
• Progress made regarding Online Admission for the 2022 academic year.
• Progress made regarding Schools Infrastructure Development in the Province.
Should you require any further information, kindly contact the Senior Committee Co-ordinator Ms. Sharlene Gaya at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or 011 498 or Committee Co-ordinator Mr Pheello Mashiloane at e-mail email@example.com or 011 498 5466 or Committee Administrator, Mr. Thabo Kekana at 011 498 5880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your attendance will be highly appreciated.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Hon. Matome Chiloane (MPL)
Chairperson: Portfolio Committee on Education