The Gauteng Provincial Legislature invites nominations for the position of Integrity Commissioner. Members of the public and organisations are invited to submit nominations.
The Integrity Commissioner shall perform duties specified under the Code of Conduct and Ethics for Members of the Legislature which include inter alia developing and maintaining, a Register of Member’s interests, providing personal advice and counsel to Members regarding the Code.
The candidate must be a woman or man who is fit and proper to hold such office, and who:
- Is a South African citizen
- Shall not hold office in any political party or political organisation
- Shall be a person of integrity and honesty
- Possess knowledge of law, public policy, politics and socio-economics issues
- Has specialised knowledge of or experience, for an accumulative period of at least 10 years, in the administration of justice, public administration or public finance
- Or is qualified to be admitted as an advocate or attorney and has for an accumulative period of at least 10 years practised law
The conditions of service and remuneration of Integrity Commissioner shall be determined by the Speaker.
Nominations should be accompanied by a comprehensive curriculum vitae and motivational letter.
Forward your nominations to:
Gauteng Provincial Legislature
Private Bag X52
You can also deposit your application in the Tender Box in the foyer of the City Hall Building. The entrance to the building is at the corner of Helen Joseph and City Hall Streets in Johannesburg CBD (view a map)
For further enquiries regarding the submission of nominations please contact: Ms Wisani Matsimbi on WMatsimbi@gpl.gov.za.
Nominations open on the Sunday, 13 February 2022 and close on the Tuesday, 22 February 2022.