- The quality of your entry’s content is critical to the judging process.
- Keep information brief and straight to the point. Minimum 600 words up to 1 200 words max.
- Do not use information printed on media, rather use your own original motivation.
- Motivation without supporting documentation will not be considered.
- All entrants will be reviewed on these general criteria, as well as:
Once the shortlisting process has been concluded, the following criteria will apply:
- Site visits will be conducted to verify the information submitted for the top five shortlisted candidates.
- If you are not contacted by the Adjudication for a site visit, consider your nomination as unsuccessful.
- Top ten nominees per category will communicated through various media platforms and on the GPL website.
- Take extra care when packaging your submission, use a file suitable for the size of the information you are submitting. The adjudication panel will not be held liable for misplaced information, as a result of unsuitable packaging.
- Entries found to be based on false information will be disqualified at any level of the processes when discovered including after awarding.
- Individuals that have won any Vita Basadi Award in past three years are not eligible for consideration as this is not a competition.
- Nominees may not enter for more than two categories.
- The number of nominations entries made has no bearing on a successful outcome.
- Failure to comply with entry requirements will result in automatic disqualification.
- Entries should ONLY be submitted via the following designated channels, which are: online nominations to be sent to: Vitabasadi@gpl.gov.za.
- Enquiries should be forwarded to: ZMtsweni@gpl.gov.za and SMfusi@gpl.gov.za; this is strictly for enquiries only.
- Entries received after the closing date at 23:59:59 will not be considered.