In order to provide a high class, professional service, we have a few conditions for users of our services. This initiative seeks to provide an objective platform for public participation in our democracy. All the information provided on this website is free. Our aim therefore is to provide an envoy of information and quality service to meet our constitutional obligations as representatives of the electorate of the
Information presented on this website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied freely unless identified as being subject to copyright protection. Gauteng Legislature declines to accept any responsibility for direct or indirect damage as a result of the usage or quoting the content on the site or the information delivered or not delivered by Gauteng Legislature or any third parties on the website of the Legislature. Gauteng Legislature therefore reserves every right to change, disregard or omit any information if such information does not accord to legal standards, to the interest of Internet users, or to the Core Values of Gauteng Legislature.
AUDIENCE and RESTRICTIONS
The main audiences are Members of the Gauteng Legislature, staff, the public, NGO's, researchers, students and other Govt. departments.
Gauteng Provincial Legislature does not allow any of the following content, or links to such content, to be published or advertised on their Systems:
- Content of a pornographic, sexually explicit, abusive, or violent nature.
- Content of an illegal nature (including stolen copyrighted material).
- Pirated software sites.
- "Hate sites" or content that could be reasonably considered as slanderous or libelous.
- Content that are considered illegal,
- Content that will not be in line with the image, vision and mission of the Legislature
- Content that are spamming the site for political or malicious interests,
- Content that contains computer viruses,
- Content intended for commercial purposes, contain marketing or promotional materials to solicit donations.
- Any person (s) with the malicious intention(s) of compromising our valuable electronic resources.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
All title and intellectual property rights in and to the Gauteng Provincial Legislature (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, text, records, reports and "applets" incorporated into the software used to create such), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the documents or articles are owned by Gauteng Provincial Legislature. All titles and intellectual property rights in the content that is contained on this Site, which may be accessed through use of thewww.gautengleg.gov.za, is the property of the Gauteng Provincial Legislature and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
These are some of the main features that will be available on this Website:
- The Legislative Business, Calendar, Contacts
- Public Participation.
- Peoples Guide to the
Provincial Legislature. Gauteng
- Home Page with links to daily newspapers.
- Press Releases.
- Links to other legislatures and Government departments.
- Links to other sites with common significance.
- Features on current business, i.e. GPL programme of the House.
- Bills Tracking.
- Standing Committees.
- Speakers welcoming notes and Speeches.
- Discussion Forums.
- Site index and what’s new
This policy is part of the information and publication security strategy and that enforcing it is essential. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, you may not access or use www.gautengleg.gov.za. Your continued use of www.gautengleg.gov.zafollowing the acknowledgment of these terms will mean you accept this policy.
QUALITY CONTROL, LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
The information published on the site will be deemed appropriate for public consumption. It is the obligation of unit managers and Directors to guarantee that:
As an institution that strives to maintain a modern, dynamic legislature in the 21st century, which reflects the values, aspirations and cultures of the South African people, the following acts of behavior will not be tolerated